This is my current wish list for Delphi
* Unicode everywhere, using utf-8 or utf-16, but not using the current widestring implementation
* SilverLight, Flash or something like it for thin-client apps using client-side and server-side code, using asp.net as server platform
* More focus on units, less focus on classes
* Automatic but deterministic destruction and deallocation of objects
* Compile-time option that makes cyclic unit dependencies illegal
* GNU gettext for Delphi as internationalization system
* Compiler should assist the programmer in ensuring full multithreading capability of parts of code, by looking at dependencies, and by having language constructs that indicate multithreading capabilities in source code that looks as if it doesn't have it.
* Project-specific packages with relative paths, enabling easy branching of packages.